Events & News
"GRAB AND GO" LIBRARY SERVICE
Update 2/8/21. The governor has moved our region back to Tier 2, "Grab and Go" Library Service resumes on Monday, February 8, 2021. Make sure to follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter (at the bottom of our page) if you would like to be notified of those changes.
"Grab and Go" Library service
- Patrons are asked to spend no more than 30 minutes in the Library.
- Please wear a mask and use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering the building. We can provide a mask if you forgot yours.
- If you are uncomfortable entering the building, call us at 630-466-4686.
- Please do not hand your returns to a staff member. There are 3 places to return your materials: drive-up slot, front entryway, and in the slot at the main circulation desk.
- The computer lab is closed. There is an Express Station in the Copy Center. Sessions are limited to 15 minutes for the Express Station with no extensions.
- Printer, copier, and fax machine services are available.
- Items are checked out for 3 weeks with no renewals.
- Your holds will be waiting for you on the shelves next to the circulation desk.
- Indoor programs are suspended.
- Hours will continue to remain:
Monday and Wednesday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We're excited to see you browsing our shelves again!
*Library materials may not be exactly where you remember them, as we are continuing to repair the library damages. Read all about it on our Facebook post.
Please direct questions or comments to the Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Grab and Go" Service Hours:
- Monday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Thursday: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
What Services are Unavailable?
- Access to the Computer Lab, Meeting Rooms, Study Rooms
- No donations are accepted at this time and our booksale is closed. View more info on donations here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my items? At this time, we are not able to renew items. All types of items are checked out for 3 weeks. We are fine-free for now, but your card will be blocked from checking out further items if items on your account are 21 days late or more.
Can I return my items? Yes, our bookdrops are open for returns. We have 3 places to put your book returns. You can walk up in the front atrium area to return your items near the Little Free Food Pantry, you can use the back drive-up book return, or you can return items to the slots at the circulation desk. Please note: items remain on your card for 4 days for quarantine before being checked in.
I returned my items, but they are still on my account. Can you check for the missing items?
For the safety of staff and community, we will check your items in 4 days after they are returned. We are going Fine Free for Now. This does not apply to lost or damaged items. Your card will be blocked if items are not returned within 21 days, which will prevent you from further checkouts. Please ensure you return your items on time. You can place a hold on another copy of your item if you need additional time. If you need assistance please email us or call 630-466-4686
Are you still providing Curbside Service? Please call 630-466-4686 when you arrive at the Library and we will place your holds in the Lobby for you to pickup. If you are unable to come into the library for health reasons, we will bring the items out to your trunk.
Can I book a meeting or study room? No, there is no access to the meeting and study rooms at this time.
Can I use the computer? No, these services are unavailable at this time. There is however an Express Station. There is a 15 minute time limit.
Can I print something? Yes, printing costs are $0.10 a page for black and white, and $0.50 a page for color.
Can I fax something? Yes, fax costs are $1.00 per page.
Can I scan something? Yes, the Scan Station is available for use.
Do you have any programs? We are providing craft kits to go, virtual book discussions, virtual story time kits (see below), and virtual knitting club. We are also providing links to great virtual events going on. Please view our calendar for more information. There are no indoor programs at this time.
Questions? Click here to email us
STORY TIME KITS
Now you can have Story Time at home!
- Winter Story Time Kit - This kit includes ebooks, music, a craft, 2 movies, and a coloring page centered around winter, snow, and snowmen.
- Thanksgiving Story Time Kit - This kit includes 2 movies, ebooks, a song, and a craft centered around Thanksgiving.
- Fairy Tale Story Time Kit - This kit includes a read-aloud, ebooks, a song, a craft, and a coloring page centered around classic and remade fairy tales, fables, and nursery rhymes.
- Autumn Story Time Kit - This kit includes 2 read-alouds, ebooks, a song, a craft, and a coloring page centered around fall leaves, squirrels, and other fun autumn activities.
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
- 2/9/21 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 2/3/21 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 2/2/21 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 1/13/21 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 1/7/21 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 1/5/21 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 12/3/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 11/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 11/18/20 E-Newsletter - All Ages - Services Changes
- 11/13/20 E-Newsletter - All Ages - Service Changes
- 11/7/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 11/4/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 11/4/20 E-Newsletter - Teens
- 10/3/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/26/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/21/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 9/10/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 9/2/20 E-Newsletter -Adults
- 7/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 7/1/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/27/20 Press Release on Phased Reopening
- 6/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 6/17/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 6/11/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/28/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/20/20 E-Newsletter - Adult (same email sent to all ages)
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/15/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 5/8/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 5/7/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Adults
- 5/2/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 4/18/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/7/20 E-Newsletter - Youth
- 4/6/20 E-Newsletter - Adult
- 3/27/20 E-Newsletter
- 3/21/20 E-Newsletter - Teen
- 3/16/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/14/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
- 3/12/20 E-Newsletter with Press Release
Virtual Library Branch is Open 24/7
Visit the Library's Virtual Branch now to learn about the Library's ebook apps for your phone, device, or computer browser:
Click here: https://www.sgpl.org/e-books
Visit this list of resources to help during this time, compiled by Librarians.
Library Annual Report
Download a copy of our Annual Report for FY 2019-2020 (New, added 1/4/21)