Events & News
Please only take the survey once per patron. Questions should be answered with the thought of pre and post Covid circumstances for Library operations. Services and programming were mandated to shift as the Library closed, reopened, and restructured programming to accommodate pandemic circumstances. Please respond thoughtfully as we look to planning our future in 2022-2025, your feedback is valuable.
You will have the option of inputting your name and email address if you would like to be entered in a drawing for a $25 Visa gift card.
Your input is very important!
Please join us for a focus group meeting during the month of October. Patrons will be asked thoughtful prompts and questions designed to provide us with insight to user needs. Quality service to our community is a priority. We are looking forward to your feedback which will help us chart the Library's course for the next four years as the next Strategic Plan is created. This plan will guide Library operations, services and programming while prioritizing needs.
Coffee and refreshments will be provided for in person groups.
Each session is expected to last no more than one hour, and any age is welcomed.
Below are the latest Library e-newsletters. To subscribe to the newsletter, scroll down this page and enter your email for the audience you prefer to receive emails for (adult, teen, youth).
Information on Library Services
Make sure to follow us on Facebook or subscribe to our e-newsletter. To subscribe to the e-newsletter, scroll down to the bottom of this website and enter your email address.
Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms
- Meeting Rooms may be booked by civic groups. The East and West Study Rooms are available for use. Maximum occupancy will be 2 individuals per room. Reservations can be made online. Go to our website (www.sgpl.org); go to How Do I? and click on Request A Meeting Or Study Room.
- Seating is now available in the library.
- The former Cafe is called the Now Space. It had some water damage and we received a renovation grant. There is a meeting table in this space that can be reserved.
- The Computer Lab is open and there are no time restrictions. Staff assistance may be limited due to social distancing at the computers.
- Printer, copier, and fax machine services are available.
Our Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am– 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- Masks are required for anyone over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, beginning Monday August 30, 2021, per the Governor's new requirement. We are following the Illinois Department of Health guidelines.
Materials and Fines
- Materials will no longer be quarantined. There are 3 places to return your materials: drive-up slot, front entryway, and in the slot at the main circulation desk.
- Fines for late items will now accrue. Items can now be renewed. (New items still cannot be renewed.)
- Your holds will be waiting for you on the shelves next to the circulation desk.
- Indoor programs are returning in limited capacity. The library will be hosting outdoor programs. View our calendar.
Donations and Booksale
- Donations are being accepted again. Please only donate 1-2 boxes of gift-giving condition books at a time. We do not have space for them. View more info on donations here.
- We have a small shelf of sale items in the Now Space (former Cafe space).
Questions? Please direct questions or comments to the Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
virtual STORY TIME KITS
Now you can have Story Time at home!
- Summer Story Time Kit - This kit includes readalongs, music, movies, a craft and a coloring page centered around "Tails and Tales" - Animals, Stories, and Summer!
- Winter Story Time Kit - This kit includes ebooks, music, a craft, 2 movies, and a coloring page centered around winter, snow, and snowmen.
Virtual Story Time Kit Archives: (Autumn, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and more!)