Employment at Sugar Grove Public Library District
Adult Services Manager
Are you ready to be a part of a fun, friendly, and flexible team working in a beautiful library? The Sugar Grove Public Library District has an opening for our next Adult Services Manager. This position directly manages 2-3 employees in our Adult and Teen Services department and is responsible for programming, collection development, reader’s advisory, reference, and marketing.
The Library is beginning a construction project to be completed in Spring 2022 which will include a new programming room, a/v room, and podcasting studio. Come bring your ideas for promoting these new services to patrons! This will be a great opportunity to express your creativity and build your department.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Passion for serving teens, adults, and seniors
- Proficient in technology including Windows and iOs operating systems
- Creative talent to publish marketing pieces using Canva
- Experience with grant writing or administration
- Commitment to work days, nights, and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree plus LTA certification or equivalent coursework; MLS/MLIS preferred.
- Minimum of five years of work experience, public library experience preferred.
Because our Library is financially challenged, be prepared to do a little bit of everything to help keep the library running smoothly. We offer a wealth of opportunities to stretch your wings and grow, with a strong emphasis on professional development and a positive work culture.
This is an exempt part time position serving 30 hours per week with a mix of shifts, including mornings, evenings, and weekends. Benefits include accruable PTO, life insurance, and an HRA employer contribution of $1,700 annually. Hourly salary begins at $23.00 per hour depending on qualifications. The Library does not participate in IMRF, and does not offer health insurance.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Library Director Genna Mickey .
The Sugar Grove Public Library District serves 15,761 from the Village of Sugar Grove, Sugar Grove Township, and select neighborhoods in Montgomery and Aurora. We are located 50 miles west of Chicago, minutes from I-88. The Library is open 50 hours a week: Monday – Thursday: 10am- 8pm, Friday: Closed, Saturday 10am – 4pm, and Sunday 2pm – 6pm. Visit us online at www.sgpl.org